Saturday, January 22, 2011

On My Wish List



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too





Amazon Review
For Cassia, nothing is left to chance--not what she will eat, the job she will have, or the man she will marry. In Matched, the Society Officials have determined optimal outcomes for all aspects of daily life, thereby removing the "burden" of choice. When Cassia's best friend is identified as her ideal marriage Match it confirms her belief that Society knows best, until she plugs in her Match microchip and a different boy’s face flashes on the screen. This improbable mistake sets Cassia on a dangerous path to the unthinkable--rebelling against the predetermined life Society has in store for her. As author Ally Condie’s unique dystopian Society takes chilling measures to maintain the status quo, Matched reminds readers that freedom of choice is precious, and not without sacrifice.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to read Matched as well. The cover is so beautiful yet simple. Though I just found out this was a trilogy haha. Wow am I far behind.
    Happy Reading .[:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the cover, and the other books dont come out for a long while=( happy reading to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came up as one of my recommended reads on Amazon the other day and I was so intrigued by it. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and it was amazing! I am a huge fan of dystopian lit so I bought it as soon as I found out it existed. I reviewed it on my blog if anyone would like to read that http://kaydotsidot.blogspot.com/2011/01/matched-ally-condie.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Kasey im following your book blog and your review is very good. makes me want to read the book even more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to read Matched since I first seen it around the blogosphere.


    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Matched, it's an awesome book, and so well written!

    ReplyDelete

 
Barbara
using elements designed by IBD